Annual BANG Travel Award Competition
|BANG Home Page||BANG Mailing List|
|Boston Area Neuroscience Group. A branch of the Society for Neuroscience|
The Boston Area Neuroscience Group (BANG) is pleased to announce the annual competition for student and postdoc travel awards to the Society for Neuroscience (SFN) 2006 Meeting. As in previous years, the competition will be based on submitted abstracts for the SFN meeting. This year, the deadline for the BANG travel award competition is May 16, 2006 for travel to the 36th SFN Annual meeting.
To be eligible, an individual must be:
- an enrolled PhD student (opportunity I) or a postdoc (opportunity II) and
- the presenting (i.e., first) author on a submitted SFN abstract
- BANG will offer, thanks to generous corporate and academic support, several student travel awards to the annual SFN meeting.
- The BANG selection committee will also choose one student and one postdoctoral fellow to be nominated for SFN-sponsored travel awards. The nominee will be asked to provide a letter of recommendation from his/her mentor.
To apply for an award, candidates must submit:
- a copy of the SFN abstract, and
- a statement of 250 words or less describing the larger significance of the research, in the context of the relevant neuroscience subdiscipline.
All entries for travel award competition must be submitted here on the BANG website. Paper submissions will not be accepted. For help via email, contact bangmaster at bio.brandeis.edu.
If you would like to submit an abstract for this year's competition, please complete the information shown below and click once on the "submit" button.
Please send correspondence about this site to bangmaster at bio.brandeis.edu.
Return to the BANG Home Page
Last update: 16 May 2006