A travel authorization (TA) form MUST be used when:
- making advance airline reservations through the University's authorized travel agent, Carlson Wagonlit has this link: http://www.brandeis.edu/departments/travel/
- the cost of the ticket will be directly charged to a grant.
The TA is available online
and from the Biology Office. The following information MUST
be reflected on the form:
- traveler's name, department, extension and date
- purpose of the trip
- dates of departure, from/to city, carrier and flight number
- complete chart string (Account, fund, Dept ID, Program, and
if applicable, the project/grant number)
- total dollar amount (cost of ticket + service charge).
NOTE: The TA MUST also be signed by the PI.
When making the airline reservation, you MUST provide
the travel agent the complete chart string that is to be charged.
In addition, if the travel is to a foreign destination
and the ticket is to be charged to a federal grant, it
is MANDATORY that the travel agent be informed that the
traveler is to be booked on a domestic airline to reach
the farthest destination possible. After that point, the traveler
will be permitted to change to a foreign airline, if necessary,
to continue to their final destination. Additional information
on the University's travel policy can be found here.
Once the travel arrangements are made and the TA is filled
out and signed, you must bring the TA down to the Biology
Office for additional signatures.