Two semesters each of college-level courses in biology and chemistry, with laboratories. Courses in organic chemistry, economics or business may be helpful but are not required.
Students are admitted beginning March 15 to the two-year PSM program and Dual M.S. Biotech/M.B.A. program for the following fall, with admissions rolling through May 1st.
To apply to both the two-year PSM program and Dual M.S. Biotech/M.B.A. program, you need to submit:
- An application to the graduate school, which can be electronically submitted.
- An application fee (instructions are available).
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. Official copies of your transcripts are only required if you are admitted and decide to enroll in our program. For the Brandeis five-year program, applicants must be able to complete the bachelor’s degree after the first year of the two-year Biotechnology program. All other applicants must provide a final transcript indicating successful completion of an undergraduate degree program before registration.
- Two letters of recommendation, which the admissions committee prefers to be submitted online (additional information is available).
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé.
- A statement of purpose indicating your reasons for undertaking graduate study in biotechnology. In addition, please describe your qualifications for the academic program and your future career goals. Also, please outline your specific interests and any experience in the biosciences workforce. For Brandeis students applying to the five-year program, please describe how your bachelor’s degree requirements can be met in the first year of the program.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required, except for Brandeis undergraduates applying to the five-year B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. program. Our institution codes are 3092 for GRE and 3FD-1Z-75 for GMAT.
For additional requirements for international applicants (non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents), and important information regarding visas, please click here. The minimum TOEFL score is 100.
Financial aid may be available; more information is available.