Brandeis University Diversity Statement
Established in 1948 as a model of ethnic and religious pluralism, Brandeis University:
- Considers social justice central to its mission as a nonsectarian university founded by members of the American Jewish community;
- Aims to engage members of our community as active citizens in a multicultural world;
- Seeks to build an academic community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds and life experiences;
- Believes that diverse backgrounds and ideas are crucial to academic excellence;
- Recognizes the need to analyze and address the ways in which social, cultural and economic inequalities affect power and privilege in the larger society and at Brandeis itself;
- Honors freedom of expression and civility of discourse as fundamental educational cornerstones;
- Seeks to safeguard the safety, dignity and well-being of all its members; and
- Endeavors to foster a just and inclusive campus culture that embraces the diversity of the larger society.
Detailed information is available.